Rabbit cruelty: A man thrown a rabbit over the bridge


I was shocked when my friend messages me on facebook sharing the links about rabbit cruelty. This rabbit “Barney” was owned by a homeless man, a guy grab it from his arms and thrown it into the river.

I felt pity for the rabbit, anger for the man who thrown it and greatness for his owner. The rabbit owner John Byrne had been begging when the accused Gary Kearney snatched it from John’s arms. John risked his life and quickly jumps into the river to save his beloved rabbit. A heroic act that slightly makes me cries. I’m a rabbit lover too but I can’t imagine if I can make what John did.

The heroic man recognize for what he did by awarding him a Compassionate Citizen Award, while the Gary Kearney was sentenced 4 months detention for animal cruelty.


Image credit to: http://rasset.ie

"I wasn't going to leave him there," John said. "I had to get him, I had to jump in to get him. Barney died in my arms. I got him under the bridge and gave him the kiss of life" he added.

For John I salute your courage and love for your rabbit. You prove that all animals are truly worth for love and care. Just like rabbits they deserve the right to live and prevention against cruelty.

Popular Posts